The word Ashwagandha is derived from the Sanskrit words Ashwa (horse) and Gandha (smell). This is because its roots smell like the sweat of a horse.
Ashwagandha helps in the management of stress, anxiety and diabetes due to its Rasayana (rejuvenating) and Vata balancing properties. Ashwagandha root powder, when taken with milk, helps in managing male infertility as well as erectile dysfunction. This is due to its aphrodisiac property.
One important precaution with Ashwagandha is that it should be avoided during pregnancy as it might increase uterine contractions.
BENEFITS OF ASHWAGANDHA
- Ashwagandha for Stress
- Ashwagandha for Anxiety
- Ashwagandha for Male infertility
- Ashwagandha for Diabetes mellitus
- Ashwagandha for Arthritis
- Ashwagandha for Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Ashwagandha for Parkinson's disease
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF ASHWAGANDHA
- Ashwagandha Tablet - 1 tablet twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor
- Ashwagandha Capsule - 1 capsule twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Ashwagandha Churna - 1/4-1/2 teaspoon twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.