Sandalwood or Svetchandan is also known as Srigandha as per Ayurveda. It is one of the oldest and most precious sources of natural fragrance with immense medicinal and commercial significance.
Sandalwood tea helps in managing the liver and gallbladder problems due to its hepatoprotective property. Mental problems might also be improved by consuming Sandalwood tea.
Sandalwood oil has various benefits for the skin. Topical application of Sandalwood oil on the face helps promote skin cell growth. Generally, it is considered as the best remedy for headaches when applied in the form of paste or oil. Inhalation of Sandalwood oil also helps to manage respiratory infections that work by reducing the inflammation in the lung airways due to its anti-inflammatory property.
As per Ayurveda, Sandalwood has Sita (cold) property, so individuals sensitive to cold should take Sandalwood under medical supervision. It is also advisable to avoid the excess intake of Sandalwood as it might cause gastrointestinal disturbances.
BENEFITS OF SANDALWOOD
- Sandalwood for Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Sandalwood for Sore throat
- Sandalwood for Fever
- Sandalwood for Liver disease
- Sandalwood for Common cold symptoms
- Sandalwood for Cough
- Sandalwood for Inflammation of the airways (bronchitis)
- Sandalwood for Headache
- Sandalwood for Stroke prevention
- Sandalwood for Anxiety
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF SANDALWOOD
- Sandalwood Oil- Take a few drops of Sandalwood oil or as directed by the physician.
- Sandalwood Powder- Take 3-6gm of Sandalwood powder or as per your requirement.