Pomegranate is a treasure of nutrients, known as “Dadima” in Ayurveda, that has been used for its numerous health benefits for centuries. It is popularly considered as a “blood purifier”.
Pomegranate juice, when taken on a regular basis, is helpful in relieving digestive problems like diarrhea. It is also beneficial for managing heart problems and high cholesterol as it helps keep the arteries unclogged due to its antioxidant property. Taking Pomegranate seeds or juice helps improve energy levels and increases sexual stamina in men. It might also be beneficial in managing arthritis as it possesses anti-inflammatory property.
Pomegranate seed or flower extract might be useful in managing dental problems due to its antibacterial property. Moreover, applying a paste of Pomegranate seed powder and water to the skin helps prevent sunburn.
A good home remedy involves applying a paste of Pomegranate leaves and coconut oil or water on the forehead and massaging for a few minutes to get relief from headache.
Sometimes drinking chilled Pomegranate juice might cause a runny nose.
BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATE
- Pomegranate for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Pomegranate for Atherosclerosis (plaque deposition inside the arteries)
- Pomegranate for Coronary artery disease
- Pomegranate for Diabetes mellitus
- Pomegranate for Diarrhea
- Pomegranate for Erectile dysfunction
- Pomegranate for Fungal infections of vagina
- Pomegranate for Metabolic syndrome
- Pomegranate for Muscle building
- Pomegranate for Obesity
- Pomegranate for Piles
- Pomegranate for Prostate cancer
- Pomegranate for Rheumatoid arthritis
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF POMEGRANATE
- Pomegranate Seeds - 1-2 Pomegranate or as per your requirement.
- Pomegranate Juice - 1-2 glass of Pomegranate juice or as per your taste .
- Pomegranate Powder - ¼-1/2 teaspoon twice a day.
- Pomegranate Capsule - 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Pomegranate Tablet - 1-2 tablets twice a day.