Tulsi is a holy plant that has both medicinal and spiritual properties. In Ayurveda, it is known by different names such as "Mother Medicine of Nature" and "The Queen of Herbs".
Tulsi is beneficial in relieving cough and cold symptoms due to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antitussive (cough-relieving) and anti-allergic properties. Taking a few leaves of Tulsi along with honey helps relieve cough and flu as it improves immune health. Taking Tulsi tea on a daily basis has a calming effect and helps reduce stress.
According to Ayurveda, Tulsi helps reduce asthmatic symptoms due to its Kapha-balancing property.
Tulsi is also useful in managing ringworm infection. Applying a paste of Tulsi leaves on the affected area helps prevent infection and also relieves inflammation as well as pain.
BENEFITS OF TULSI
- Tulsi for Common cold symptoms
- Tulsi for Influenza (flu)
- Tulsi for Asthma
- Tulsi for Fever
- Tulsi for Stress
- Tulsi for Diabetes mellitus
- Tulsi for Heart disease
- Tulsi for Liver disease
- Tulsi for Malaria
- Tulsi for Diarrhea
- Tulsi for Insomnia
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF TULSI
- Tulsi Capsule - 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Tulsi Tablet - 1-2 tablets twice a day.
- Tulsi Powder - ¼- ½ teaspoon twice a day.
- Tulsi Juice - 5-10 ml once day.
- Tulsi Drop - 1-2 drops twice a day.
- Tulsi Oil - 3-4 drops, 4-5 times a day.