Fennel seeds are popularly known as Saunf in Hindi. It is an ancient Indian spice with culinary uses. Spices are usually hot in nature, but Fennel is an exception. It is a cooling spice with a sweet-bitter taste. Fennel seeds are packed with essential nutrients such as vitamin C.
Chewing some seeds of Fennel, especially after meals, is considered to be good for digestion because of the presence of a component known as anethole. Due to its good digestive activity, Fennel seeds are beneficial in managing weight as well as preventing constipation, bloating and colic. Fennel seeds are also useful in easing menstrual cramps due to their property of reducing uterine contractions. Its consumption also helps in managing kidney and bladder disease due to its diuretic property. You can also consume a few Fennel seeds to get relief from nausea and vomiting. Fennel seeds are beneficial for lactating women - antehole present in them helps increase breast milk secretion in women.
Fennel seeds water can help reduce eye inflammation. You can soak some cotton in Fennel seed water and keep it in the affected eye for a few minutes to get relief from inflammation.
BENEFITS OF FENNEL SEEDS
- Fennel Seeds for Flatulence (gas formation)
- Fennel Seeds for Constipation
- Fennel Seeds for Colicky pain
- Fennel Seeds for Menstrual pain
- Fennel Seeds for Inflammation of the airways (bronchitis)
- Fennel Seeds for Respiratory tract infection
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF FENNEL SEEDS
- Fennel Seeds Seeds - ¼ to ½ teaspoon twice a day.
- Fennel Seeds Powder - ¼ to ½ teaspoon twice a day
- Fennel Seeds Capsule - 1 to 2 capsule twice a day
- Fennel Seeds Ark - 2-4 teaspoon for children (above 6 years) and 6-10 teaspoon for adult twice a day.