Olive, also known as 'Jaitoon' is a pale yellow to dark green. It is extensively used in cooking and as a salad dressing.
Olive helps to reduce high cholesterol as it lowers total and bad cholesterol in the body. It also helps in controlling diabetes by lowering the blood sugar levels and helps manage constipation due to its laxative property. Apart from these, it might also be beneficial in managing high blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis.
Olive is good for skin and hair. It helps control dryness and improves overall complexion of the skin when applied daily at night. This is due to its anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
According to Ayurveda, Olive helps in balancing Vata-Kapha and slightly Pitta dosha as well. It is good for massage in babies when used along with some essential oils.
Olive might lower blood sugar levels. Thus, it is advisable for diabetic patients to monitor their blood sugar levels regularly while taking Olive so as to avoid any sudden drop in sugar levels.
BENEFITS OF OLIVE
- Olive for High cholesterol
- Olive for Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Olive for Constipation
- Olive for Diabetes mellitus
- Olive for Rheumatoid arthritis
- Olive for Breast cancer
- Olive for Helicobacter pylori (H.Pylori) infection
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF OLIVE
- Olive Capsule - 1 capsule twice a day or as directed by the doctor.
- Olive Oil - 1-2 teaspoons once a day or as directed by the doctor.
- Olive Vinegar - Take 15ml of this product. Add it in water (3 times more than the quantity of vinegar) . It can be consumed three times a day, early morning, mid morning and mid afternoon