Cardamom popularly known as the ‘Queen of Spices’ is used as a flavoring agent and as a mouth freshener.
It has antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Cardamom is useful in preventing vomiting and nausea. It also helps to manage indigestion, flatulence and gives relief from stomach pain. Cardamom powder with honey is an effective home remedy for cough with mucus.
Cardamom tea acts as an aphrodisiac and helps enhance libido.
There are two types of Cardamom, Sukshma Ela (Choti elaichi) and Bhrat Ela (Badi elaichi). Bhrat Ela is known as black Cardamom and has larger pods than Sukshma Ela which is known as the green Cardamom.
BENEFITS OF CARDAMOM
- Cardamom for Cough with mucus
- Cardamom for Sore throat
- Cardamom for Flatulence (gas formation)
- Cardamom for Heartburn
- Cardamom for Appetite stimulant
- Cardamom for Headache
- Cardamom for Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cardamom for Inflammation of the airways (bronchitis)
- Cardamom for Constipation
- Cardamom for Epilepsy
- Cardamom for Pain due to smooth muscle spasm
- Cardamom for Irritable bowel syndrome
- Cardamom for Liver disease
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF CARDAMOM
- Cardamom Powder - 250 mg twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Cardamom Tablet - 1 tablet twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Cardamom Capsule - 1 capsule twice a day or as prescribed by the doctor.