Giloy, also known as Amrita or Guduchi in Hindi, is an herb that helps boost immunity. It has heart-shaped leaves that resemble betel leaves.
Giloy is beneficial for diabetic patients as it is bitter in taste and helps in managing blood glucose levels. It also improves metabolism and is useful for weight management.
Drinking fresh Giloy juice helps to improve immunity and can be used to manage fevers due to its antipyretic activity. It also increases platelet count and might help in dengue fever.
Giloy powder, Kadha (tea) or tablets can also be used for various skin problems as it helps to remove toxins from the body.
You can apply Giloy leaf paste on the skin to fasten the wound healing process as it helps increases collagen production and skin regeneration.
BENEFITS OF GILOY
- Giloy for Dengue
- Giloy for Fever
- Giloy for Hay fever
- Giloy for Diabetes mellitus
- Giloy for Liver disease
- Giloy for Cancer
- Giloy for High cholesterol
- Giloy for Gout
- Giloy for Rheumatoid arthritis
- Giloy for Diarrhea
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF GILOY
- Giloy Juice - 2-3 teaspoon of juice, once or twice a day.
- Giloy Churna - ¼-½ teaspoon twice a day.
- Giloy Tablet - 1-2 tablet twice a day.
- Giloy Capsule - 1-2 capsule twice a day.
- Giloy Extract - 1 pinch twice a day.