Brahmi (derived from the name of Lord Brahma and Goddess Saraswati) is a perennial herb most well known for its memory enhancing property.
Brahmi tea that is made by brewing Brahmi leaves helps to manage cold, chest congestion and bronchitis by clearing out the mucus from the air passages which helps ease breathing. It also reduces pain and inflammation in the throat and respiratory tracts due to its anti-inflammatory property. Taking Brahmi powder along with milk helps improve brain functions by preventing brain cell damage caused by free radicals due to its antioxidant property.
It is used as a memory enhancer and brain tonic for kids due to its property to improve cognition.
Applying Brahmi oil to the scalp helps prevent hair loss as it nourishes and provides strength to the hair. It also disinfects the skin and speeds up the healing process when applied externally.
Excessive intake of Brahmi should be avoided as it may cause nausea and dry mouth.
BENEFITS OF BRAHMI
- Brahmi for Age related memory loss
- Brahmi for Irritable bowel syndrome
- Brahmi for Anxiety
- Brahmi for Epilepsy/Seizures
- Brahmi for Asthma
- Brahmi for Improving sexual performance
- Brahmi for Pain relief
- Brahmi for Hoarseness of voice
- Brahmi for Depression
RECOMMENDED DOSAGE OF BRAHMI
- Brahmi Juice - 2-4 teaspoons once a day.
- Brahmi Churna - ¼-½ teaspoon twice a day.
- Brahmi Capsule - 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Brahmi Tablet - 1-2 tablets twice a day.
- Brahmi Infusion - 3-4 teaspoons once or twice a day.